Visa, MasterCard and several major credit card issuers have settled the Payment Card Interchange Fee Litigation in the largest antitrust settlement in history – $5.7 billion
On December 13, 2013, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York granted final approval to a class settlement among merchants, Visa, MasterCard and other defendants in a class action lawsuit. The lawsuit claimed that merchants paid excessive fees for accepting Visa and/or MasterCard because of an alleged conspiracy among the defendants.
The $5.7 billion antitrust settlement, the largest in history. Any merchant that accepted one or more of these credit cards may be eligible to recover funds.
This settlement includes two separate funds:
- A cash fund of approximately $4.5 billion to compensate merchants that accepted Visa and/or MasterCard credit or debit cards in the U.S. at any time between January 1, 2004 and November 28, 2012.
- A fund equivalent to a portion of interchange fees attributable to certain merchants that accepted Visa and/or MasterCard credit cards from July 29, 2013 through March 29, 2014, estimated to be approximately $1.2 billion.
Register for CCB’s Class Action Claims Servicing and/or Claims Purchasing Solutions
Companies interested in taking advantage of CCB’s services are encouraged to call us at 610-834-9010, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest information.
Please be aware that (i) claims forms are not yet available, (ii) class members need not sign up for a third-party service in order to participate in any monetary relief, (iii) no-cost assistance will be available from the Claims Administrator and Class Counsel during the claims-filing period, and (iv) additional information may be found at the court approved Web site: www.paymentcardsettlement.com.
Please note: We discourage you from sending to us any information that you consider to be confidential or proprietary through this website. Please note that if you do send us any such information or material, we will assume that it is NOT confidential. By sending information to us you grant to us an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information and you also agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know how or techniques that you send to us through this website for any purpose.
Company and Industry News
- CCB Signs 400th Client in $7.25 Billion Visa/Mastercard Class Action Settlement
- CCB Offers Services to Maximize Merchant Claims in $7.25 Billion Credit Card Settlement
- Investors Should File Claims Before Class-action Bonanza
- Claims Compensation Bureau Leverages Capital to Expand Claims Purchasing Service